Clubhouses are busy, cheerful places, organized around the “work-order-day,” an eight-hour period, five days a week, during which members and staff work together as equals to carry out the responsibilities involved in running the Clubhouse.
Membership is free, voluntary and life-long. Clubhouses offer critical services to help members recover and live better lives:
- Employment opportunities for members to return to paid employment.
- Social activities on evenings and weekends.
- Assistance with education.
- Support and referrals for affordable housing, mental health care and other services.
- Outreach, such as telephone calls or visits when a member does not attend the Clubhouse.